This portion of the website allows current Heyl Scholars to submit transcripts, address verification, and summer research proposals to the Heyl Scholarship Fund.


To ensure academic eligibility, Heyl Scholars must submit their updated unofficial college transcripts for review at the end of term or semester.


  1. Login to Hornet HQ
  2. Got to the “Unofficial Transcript” tab
  3. Click on “Degree Audit Transcript”

The transcript should download as a pdf to your computer that can be submitted online.


  1. Login to GoWMU
  2. Under “My Self Service” Go to “Academic Services”
  3. Click on “My Unofficial Transcript”

From there you can right click, select print, then save the transcript to your computer as a pdf to submit online.

Another way to access your grades is by clicking on “My Final Grade” under the “Academic Services” tab. Select Fall 2021 and submit. From there you can save the transcript to your computer and submit it online.

Address Verification

The Heyl Scholarship will cover the cost of rooming (based on a standard shared room) within the College residential system or in facilities approved by the College and the Executive Director of the Heyl Scholarship Fund. Scholars seeking approval for off campus living will need to submit proof of address annually to the Executive Director of the Heyl Scholarship Fund. Please note that housing support will not be provided to those who elect to live with their parent(s)/guardian(s) or choose to live elsewhere.

The following items that show your name and off-campus address can be submitted as Proof of Address.

  • Valid Driver’s License
  • Utility Bill
  • Lease Agreement

Summer Research Proposals

Heyl Scholars at Kalamazoo College seeking to conduct research with a K College Science/Math faculty member with support from the Heyl Scholarship Fund will need to submit a research proposal. It is expected that your research will be a full-time engagement for at least 10 weeks.  Please note that you may receive this grant one time only.

To apply for a summer research grant the following documents will need to be submitted by Monday of 5th week in the Spring term.

  • Required Documents:
    • A description/proposal of your planned research
    • A supporting letter from the faculty member with whom you will be working
  • Once you submit a description/proposal of your planned research, the mentor listed will receive an email notification to submit a letter of support on your behalf by Monday of 5th week in the Spring term.


Heyl Scholars at Western Michigan University seeking to take summer courses required for the nursing program will need to complete the following form. Please note that this form requires the scholar to upload an unofficial college transcript that shows what courses they have registered for in the summer.