Eligibility and Apply

Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility

High school seniors from Kalamazoo Public Schools and seniors from other high schools or home school programs who will earn certificates of completion from the Kalamazoo Area Math and Science Center are eligible to apply for Heyl Scholarships to Kalamazoo College or the WMU Bronson School of Nursing. Alumnae of KPS (any year) or of other eligible programs (class of 2009 or later) are also eligible to apply. If a substantial length of time has elapsed between high school graduation and application, post-secondary coursework and evaluations may be required.

Graduate Fellowship Eligibility

For Heyl Graduate Fellowships to Yale, any graduate of Kalamazoo College who has majored in one of the exact sciences – chemistry, physics, biology, mathematics, computer science, or any cross-disciplinary combinations of any of the foregoing—and who is a candidate for a Ph.D. degree in an eligible field at Yale University may apply. Please note that Chemistry majors pursing graduate studies in chemistry will take precedence over applicants with other eligible majors and that graduate programs in chemistry, physics and engineering take precedence over other eligible programs.