Prospective Heyl Scholars applying to the WMU Bronson School of Nursing as high school seniors must submit their WMU admissions application by December 15th. Later applicants will not be considered for the Heyl Scholarship. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all supporting materials (references, transcripts and test scores) have been received by the WMU Office of Admissions by December 15th.
WMU Bronson School of Nursing applicants, who are awarded the Heyl Scholarship, must also maintain direct admission requirements.
Application Steps and Requirements
- Meet the Heyl Science Scholarship eligibility criteria
- Apply to Western Michigan University by the specified early action deadline.
- Complete the Heyl Scholarship Application
Heyl Scholarship Application Requirements
A complete application includes the:
- Heyl Scholarship Application which contains:
- A few free answer response questions
- The online submission of official high school transcript(s) from Parchment.
- Have at least one and not more than two science/math teachers or an instructor from post-secondary coursework submit a Scholarship Evaluation.
- Please note that responses should focus on the student’s academics and academic habits. Evaluators are encouraged to include examples that demonstrate the student’s character as well as resilience/fortitude.
- Early action application to Western Michigan University
- SAT or ACT scores – For fall 2022 applicants that will matriculate in fall 2023, the SAT or ACT will not be required.
Continued funding of the Heyl Scholarship is contingent upon entry into the BSN program.